RAiD 3051 a small North Melbourne residents group standing up for integrated planning and good social outcomes for North Melbourne residents is in VCAT
Dear Neighbours – items of update regarding action in the RAID VCAT appeal.
1. Jane Good represented RAID @ 3051 Inc at a VCAT *Practice Day
Hearing* on September 21 and the following order was subsequently advised by VCAT Deputy President, Helen Gibson regarding hearing and mediation dates:
– *Mediation *(3 hours duration) set for *December 4 at 10.00 am*
– *Hearing *(only if the proceeding is not fully settled beforehand by consent or at mediation) *set for February 25th for seven days.*
Our *thanks to Jane Good* for her continued support and advocacy for the RAID position and liaison with Melbourne City Council who are also appellants at VCAT.
2. The RAID Planning Group is working on *building an evidence base*to support the preferred position for better integrated development of a significantly lesser scale than what has been approved at this time.
This includes, but is not exclusive to, social infrastructure issues (provision of education, health and recreation services); availability of alcohol and the impact of packaged alcohol sales on communities; and traffic and parking issues generated by the proposed development. RAID members are encouraged to provide any research reports, insights or expertise to assist with preparing the evidence. Please respond by return email and we will follow up with you.
3. Thank you for your support – our focus is on increasing our *membership*. Attached is the membership form to download, fill in and drop off with $2.00 ($1.00 membership and $1.00 annual fee) to 42 Canning St. Please provide an email address and confirmation that membership has been received will be provided.
4. Thank you for *donations* that have been received. We have a way to go in reaching our $10,000 target (as advised in email update 32) any contribution to assist us in moving closer to this target is very welcome. Our case to VCAT will be best supported by engaging expert witnesses who can prepare and present a strong case and be cross-examined.
5. Thank you to Kate Ritchie of Chin Communications Pty Ltd, a who has *translated the RAID flyer into a Chinese language. *This will assist in providing information about the development to members of our diverse community.
6. The next steps and ongoing action include:
– RAID membership drive
– RAID posters are still available – put one up in your front window
– Make a donation to the RAID VCAT appeal
– Send your thoughts on a fund-raising event for late October/November
and your availability to assist in planning the event
– Let us know if you have expertise in any of the grounds of appeal
areas. *Your ongoing support is vital. We look forward to your feedback*.
Keep up-to-date by referring to the RAID @3051 website –