West Melbourne terminal station
RAiD members went to a NWMA meeting where SP Ausnet and their architects Denton Corker Marshall presented their design for the upgrade of the West Melbourne terminal station in Arden Street next to the Moonee Ponds Creek. The design for the new substation is pretty funky and includes some land given over to public open space. Given how unattractive the current substation looks the new one will be a big improvement and we told the architects and SP Ausnet as much.
The Community Alliance of Port Phillip (CAPP) together with Port People (PP), Beacon Cove Neighbourhood Association (BCNA) and Port 2 Port, are hosting a Forum on the future of the Fisherman’s Bend Urban Renewal Area. The forum will bring together planning and development experts with community activists to provide information and assistance on the Fishermans Bend Development.
When: Sunday 7th July
Location:South Melbourne Commons (Crn Bank and Montague Sts South Melbourne)
For more information go to the following webpage: http://www.capp.org.au/news/cappnews150613.html
• Dr Darragh O’Brien (principal), Architectural Research Consultancy, http://www.arcpl.com.au
• Francis Grey, economist, http://www.ecolarge.com/aboutus/team/
• Dr Kate Shaw, geographer, Melbourne University, http://www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/display/person1533
• Dr Rory Hyde, Unsolicited Architecture, Melbourne University, http://roryhyde.com/blog/
• Robert Pradolin, General Manager Australand, Residential Victoria, http//www.zoominfo.com/p/Robert-Pradolin/411433269
Moderator: Peter Mares, writer, researcher, and former ABC broadcaster.
Big thanks to our donor who seeks no acknowledgement.
A serial donor to RAID has generously donated $500 for our legal team and for all their good works!