Dear Neighbours – it is now just over one week till the VCAT hearing.
Three important matters are brought to your attention:
1. RAID community get-together following the official opening of the Errol Street Reserve which is open to the public and scheduled for 4.00 – 5.00 pm next Thursday, February 21. The Reserve – located at the north end of Errol Street, adjacent to the primary school – will be opened by the Lord Mayor and Councillors will also be in attendance. Please stay after the official proceedings, or come along between 5.00 – 6.30 to catch up with neighbours and hear about our brilliant legal team and expert planner taking on our appeal case. Donations would be very welcome as we head towards our $10,000 target. Pick up a poster to put in your front window.
2. RAID is going to VCAT
RAID is challenging the Minister for Planning, Matthew Guy’s, decision to approve the development at VCAT (Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal) with a seven day hearing commencing on Monday, February 25th. Other parties opposing the decision include the Melbourne City Council and the North and West Melbourne Association.
Attend VCAT as an interested community member:
Let’s make sure we have a RAID presence to observe the proceedings for every day of the hearing. The hearing is open to the public. To assist you with your planning to attend:
· the room for the hearing will be advertised the working day before on the VCAT website (www.vcat.vic.gov.au) and can be accessed on the day from the list in the foyer.
· hearing rooms are open from 9.00 am and proceedings commence at 10.00 am. There is a lunch break and hearings generally conclude by 4.30 pm each day.
Let us know if you are attending and which day/time eg. morning or afternoon to assist with covering as much of the 7 days with community members in attendance.
VCAT is located at:
55 King Street Melbourne Vic 3000 Australia
GPO Box 5408 Melbourne Vic 3001
Getting to VCAT: VCAT is a 10 minute walk from Southern Cross Station or a 5 minute tram ride from Flinders Street Station. Get off at King Street (Melbourne Aquarium) and then take a 2 minute walk north along King Street. VCAT is located on the N/W corner of King Street and Flinders Lane. There are a number of commercial car parks within close proximity.
3. RAID VCAT Appeal
RAID is well represented by out legal team and has engaged the services of an expert planner and witness to support our case. The RAID VCAT appeal has been established with a target of $10,000 to support this expert representation. Thank you to many members of the community we have made great inroads to achieving this target however remain a few thousand dollars short. Your financial contribution to meeting this target is welcomed.
Make a donation by any of the following means:
1. RAID @ 3051 Inc. is registered for e-donation with GiveNow.com.
NB: donations are not tax deductible as RAID is a not for profit organisation.
2. Electronic transfer to the RAID bank account using the following details.
Please include your name so that a receipt can be issued.
Bank: MECU (Bankmecu)
Account name Residents About Integrated Development at 3051
Account No. 12035276
3. Drop off cash or cheque made out to RAID @ 3051 Inc. – arrange for pick-up/drop-off by contacting email@example.com or phone 0413 017 317
Finally, keep in touch with the latest updates by accessing the RAID website at http://3051-integrated.com/ or enter RAID 3051 into your search engine. Also if you know of people who are not receiving these email updates please send onto them or advise me of their email address to add to the RAID list.